Recommended tour operator: Abercrombie & Kent
Abercrombie & Kent says
Peru is the perfect destination to get married life off to an adventurous start. From the dizzy heights of Machu Picchu to the depths of the rainforests and the expanse of its far reaching coastline, Peru offers unforgettable experiences which will provide memories for your lifetime.
Here are our top five Peru honeymoon highlights.
– Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. This is on everyone’s ‘to do’ list on a visit to Peru. Our expert A&K guide will be on hand to ensure you head off at the most comfortable times, stay at the peak of your physical fitness and even help keep your feet comfortable!
– Discover the Amazon, the world’s largest rainforest which supports thousands of species of flora, fauna and wildlife. Head off on foot or in a canoe.
– Relax on the beaches in the north. Mancura offers some of the best beaches in Peru with the added bonus that it is a huge wine producing region so you combine a few days on the beach with a vineyard tour en route.
– Explore Lake Titicaca. Immerse yourselves in the local culture on a trip to Taquile Island and enjoy the breath-taking views across the lake and out to the Royal Range.
– Lima. From the cathedral, churches and museums to the famous and historical Plaza Mayor, Lima is packed with rich history and terrific shopping too. Take a day trip from here to the coast and check out the picanterias of La Herradura.
We offer a range of private tours in Peru and can tailor-make any itinerary to suit your interests, budget and available time. The eight-day Highlights of Peru trip costs from £2,660 per person with a more comprehensive 13-day Classic Peru costing from £3,450 per person.
Peru works year-round, but the weather is at its best between May and November.
To top it all, British Airways will be flying from Gatwick to Lima three times a week from May 2016.
Find out more about our honeymoons in Peru.